Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Right-of-Way Permits
Right of Way Permit Desk

899 Dale Street North
Saint Paul, MN  55103-1512

Ph: (651) 266-6151
Fx: (651) 266-9765
Right of Way Permits are required when there is an obstruction or work is being done in the public right of way.  The public right of way includes streets, sidewalks, alleys and other rights of way dedicated to public use.  Each type of right of way permit required by the city of Saint Paul is listed below with a link to detailed information regarding the permit process and requirements.  Permit applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax or by e-mail.  Permits will not be issued until all required information has been received including, original signatures, proof of insurance, and payment of permit fees.  Payment of permit fees may be by debit or credit card, business check or cash.   

What is the public right of way?

Following is a list of typical permits issued by the Right of Way Permit Service Desk:    

Blasting Permits

Excavation Permits
(Excavation Permits include Geoprobes, House Service Connection, Joint Sewer Permit, Monitor Well, Sewer, Utility Company Use of Right of Way, Tree Trench Restoration)

A PLAN REVIEW must be approved before any Utility Company Excavations may be requested.

Filming Permits

News Rack Permits

Obstruction Permits 
(Obstruction Permits include Dumpster, Food Cart, Full Block Use, Hoisting, Meter Hooding, Parking Lane Use, Scaffolding, Sidewalk Use, Sidewalk Cafe, Special Events, Storage Pods, Traffic & Bike Lane Use, Utility Company Use of Right of Way, Valet Parking)

Residential Permit Parking

Sprinkler Permits
(underground in right of way only)

Transportation Permits 
(oversize or overweight vehicles or equipment)

Office Location - View a Map showing showing the Right of Way Division office location.   

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus